Annette Tierney is a specialist in theatre-based learning. Since 2002 she has been using theatre techniques to create learning events for organisations in the corporate, public and voluntary sectors. Based in Ireland and the UK, Annette has delivered workshops in Europe, Asia and the US using roleplay, theatre and film as tools for learning and communication. She has worked with clients in a range of sectors including health, pharmaceuticals, utilities, construction, transport, manufacturing, distribution, hospitality, financial services and energy.
A marketing graduate and currently a student of psychology, Annette spent a decade working in the pharmaceutical sector before a change in direction saw her train and work as an actor in Irish theatre and television. Annette designs and facilitates workshops and works as a corporate and industrial actor for training companies who use theatre and role-play in their programmes.
Areas of Expertise
- Behavioural safety
- Management and leadership
- Commercial skills (sales and customer service)
- Culture change
- Equality and diversity
- Currently studying psychology with Open University
- Graduate of the Marketing Institute of Ireland
- Forum Theatre with Augusto Boal and Julian Boal
- Performance Gaiety School of Acting
- Sales and Presentation Skills Irish Management Institute