Influencing & Negotiating
Sales & Customer Experience
LEAD TO SUCCEED
Challenging experienced and senior managers
Our work is centred around Development Centres. What we get from Impromptu are characters who not only play the part of a range of people, they are then able to provide feedback of the highest order. To add to their professionalism, they give feedback on the programme always aimed at maintaining high standards or improving elements of the programme to make it even better.
Impromptu took a requirement to increase delegate self-awareness around personal impact & influencing leadership skills and created a role-play experience around a highly complex, commercial scenario that was realistic, credible and extremely impactful for all who took part. We will definitely continue to include this role-playing element in future programmes. We found Impromptu a very professional organisation – flexible, engaging and easy to deal with.
“Great leadership works through the emotions. No matter what leaders set out to do—whether it’s creating strategy or mobilizing teams to action—their success depends on how they do it.”
We have extensive experience of designing and delivering role-play based learning that enables leaders to become more self-aware and more agile in how they lead – successfully engaging with, influencing and motivating others.
We have particular expertise in creating business simulations – rich, multi-layered, immersive learning experiences that reflect the reality of leading in complex, rapidly changing environments, where the power to influence others is critical. Current examples involve participants:
- Working as a change team to assist a high street retailer implement a transformational change programme.
- Advising the SLT of a global pharmaceutical on how to create an inclusive, empowered culture built for innovation.
- Developing an implementation plan to prepare an engineering manufacturer for entry into an emerging market.
- Advising the leaders of a major utility company on how to improve the safety performance of a recently acquired company.
- Creating a strategy for the board of a major supermarket that will enable it to break into the top three in its sector.
Feedback from our clients consistently highlights that we create outstanding realism, highly engaged participants and learning about leadership that is tangible and directly relevant to the individual’s work environment.
To find out more about our contribution to leadership development programmes read our case studies, or contact us.
Article by Steve Harvey, Associate Impromptu Since stepping back from full-time work I have become engaged with Positive Intelligence (PQ). Some of you, I know, are familiar with it. For those who aren’t, the proposition is both simple and...