Ms Rina Mahoney
An experienced educator, Rina is passionate about utilising her skills and experience as an actress to bene!t and develop others in the teaching arena, understanding the importance of offering contextualised feedback which is evidence based and delivered in a constructive manner to best enable the growth of those in the training environment. Since 1991 she has been an associate with numerous leading drama based learning and development training companies, in the UK and internationally, where she has provided role play, facilitation and coached in presentation skills.
Rina Mahoney is a role player with over twenty years of experience in both the public and the private sector. She is also a professional actress with an extensive theatre, radio and television career, which enables her to take on a variety of character types with credibility. Rina has experience of Facilitation in both small and large groups. Rina practices coaching on a one to one basis around personal impact.
Areas of Expertise
- Communication and presentation skills
- Feeding back using the language of a number of business models
- Bespoke role player – role-play scenarios are flexible and are often not made available to the roleplayer until the day of the session e.g. a delegate may wish to role-play a particularly difficult scenario that no existing brief will cover. This requires a great deal of skill in listening and ability to improvise with no preparation.
- Involvement in the production of numerous corporate videos for use in the training environment of companies.
- Development and devising of workshops to examine pressing performance issues. These workshops will often include a combination of one – one role play, forum theatre, role-playing and hot seating.
- Facilitator of forum theatre
- A-levels, theatre Studies and English Literature, Cadbury Sixth Form College, B’ham
- Level 5 Coaching Diploma from The University of Warwick and where she qualified in July 2017 with a special interest in Cognitive Behavioural Coaching.
- She is the founder of the PAVE! Coaching System – a personal impact and presentation skills coaching programme, which she delivers on a one to one or small group basis.